Cauliflower Mac n’ Cheese
A really creamy pasta sauce that goes perfectly with spaghetti or macaroni. One of my go-to post-run fill up meals. This recipe makes about two meals for two people.
4 tbsp olive oil
Half a cauliflower
Half an onion
¾ cloves crushed garlic
350ml veg stock
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp miso paste
2 very large tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp (smoked) salt
1 tsp (smoked) paprika
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Pressure cooker method
1) Saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil and add all the spices, miso, mustard and vinegar. Save the nutritional yeast until later.
2) Chop up the cauliflower roughly and add it into the pot.
3) Add the stock and then pressure cook on high pressure for 8 minutes
For the stove-top method follow the same procedure and cook with a lid until the cauliflower is very soft (10/15 mins). I would use about 30/40 ml extra water.
4) Add everything to a blender and with the nutritional yeast blend on high until totally smooth.
5) At this stage to achieve a more saucy consistency you could add a little almond milk.
6) Cook the pasta and mix it with the sauce.